Nicola Sturgeon says only way to vote tactically in Scotland is to back SNP
- Credit: PA
Nicola Stugeon has insisted the only way to vote tactically in Scotland to stop a Tory Brexit is to vote SNP.
Sturgeon made the claims on Twitter as she hit the campaign trail the day after MPs voted for a December 12 poll.
"Seeing lots of chat this morning about tactical voting to maximise Remain vote," before continuing to explain that the SNP "is the challenger in every Tory held seat in Scotland".
Campaigning in Stirling she insisted the "only way" to stop Brexit and oust Boris Johnson from Downing Street is by voting for her party.
The first minister said: "Westminster is broken. It's time to take Scotland's future into Scotland's hands.
You may also want to watch:
"The number one issue for Scotland at the election is this - who should determine our future - Boris Johnson or the people who live here?
"The Tories want to impose Brexit on Scotland against our will, which will hit jobs and living standards."
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 5 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 6 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 7 WILL SELF: Two places where everyone knows your name
- 8 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 9 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 10 How the Daily Star became Boris Johnson's biggest critic
She said Scotland would be a "key battleground" in the election campaign, adding: "A general election is Scotland's chance to come together to reaffirm our opposition to Brexit and our right to decide.
"Labour can't win in Scotland. The Liberal Democrats can't be trusted - they've put a right-wing Tory government into power before.
"Scotland has been ignored and treated with contempt by Westminster, and this election is an opportunity to bring that to an end.
"A win for the SNP will be an unequivocal and irresistible demand for Scotland's right to choose our own future."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.