Brexiteers that do not support my vision are ‘wrong’, claims Nigel Farage
- Credit: AP
Nigel Farage has claimed that the Brexiteers who do not support Nigel Farage's vision for Brexit are 'wrong'.
Speaking at the latest Brexit Party campaign event, he said those that support Boris Johnson's deal are the "wrong" type of Brexiteers.
He told ITV News that the "right type of Brexit" is one that is "free from EU institutions".
"I find it amazing that most people who think the deal is great haven't read it. There is a phenomenon out there called 'Brexhaustion' - I get it. People are tired after three and a half years but if we get the wrong Brexit... we'll regret it for years to come".
Asked if he believes that Brexiteers who do not support his vision for Brexit are wrong, he responded "yes".
You may also want to watch:
He added: "They would [call themselves Brexiteers] but they wouldn't be right.
"The only way we would genuinely be free of these institutions is the threat of the Brexit Party - and that's why we need to win some of these seats".
- 1 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 4 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 5 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 6 How long can Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play on?
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 Could southern discomfort sink a rebalancing agenda still in its infancy?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Could Boris Johnson still use the NHS as leverage in a US trade deal?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.