Brexit Party staff made redundant days after election result
- Credit: PA
A number of Brexit Party senior staff have been made redundant days after the election, according to reports.
Mail+ journalist Michael Crick said that numerous high-ranking staffers have been laid off after a dismal set of results for the party.
"It's brutal," a source within the organisation told Crick. "Really decent people losing their jobs just before Christmas."
It comes after Nigel Farage's candidates lost tens of thousands of pounds in deposits in the election and failed to win a single seat.
"It's too early to say what happens next," the source told Crick.
You may also want to watch:
While some Twitter users had little sympathy for the Brexit Party, some pointed out how unfair it was workers were losing their positions so soon to Christmas.
"Whatever someone's politics I'd never revel in that happening to them. Awful", wrote James O'Flynn.
- 1 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 2 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 3 ‘I should not have listened to Cameron’ – Former European Commission president
- 4 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 5 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 6 Scottish Tory leader accused of 'nonsense' excuse for Boris Johnson avoiding Scotland
- 7 The biggest scandal may be that no rules were broken
- 8 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 9 Annalena Baerbock: Can the Queen of Green seize the Bundestag?
- 10 Welsh government refused permission for legal challenge over post-Brexit bill
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.