Brexit Party staff made redundant days after election result
- Credit: PA
A number of Brexit Party senior staff have been made redundant days after the election, according to reports.
Mail+ journalist Michael Crick said that numerous high-ranking staffers have been laid off after a dismal set of results for the party.
"It's brutal," a source within the organisation told Crick. "Really decent people losing their jobs just before Christmas."
It comes after Nigel Farage's candidates lost tens of thousands of pounds in deposits in the election and failed to win a single seat.
"It's too early to say what happens next," the source told Crick.
You may also want to watch:
While some Twitter users had little sympathy for the Brexit Party, some pointed out how unfair it was workers were losing their positions so soon to Christmas.
"Whatever someone's politics I'd never revel in that happening to them. Awful", wrote James O'Flynn.
- 1 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Brexit changes lead to exodus of Brits from Spain, UK nationals claim
- 6 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 7 Brexiteer rebuked after backing Nigel Farage's 'East Germany' claims
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Tory candidate suspended by party over comments about ‘fat’ food bank user
- 10 No 10 defends Stanley Johnson receiving two coronavirus vaccines while others don't