‘Remainers shouldn’t vote Labour!’ - Farage offers advice to those wanting to stop Brexit
- Credit: Archant
A 'floating voter' took the unusual step of calling Nigel Farage's radio show and asking for advice on which party to vote for to stop Brexit.
The Southbank caller said had become disillusioned with the two main parties because of the pro-Brexit stances from the two leaders.
He said he had become unsure about the Labour Party after Jeremy Corbyn claimed that it was not possible to stop Brexit, while the shadow Brexit secretary continued to offer a different viewpoint from an anti-Brexit perspective.
'What do I do?' asked the caller - taking the unusual approach of asking outspoken Brexiteer Farage for some advice.
An animated Farage responded: 'You could argue when you're voting for the Conservative party, but this is the two at the top of the Labour Party.
You may also want to watch:
'They got away with it in 2017. They got Leavers in South Wales and the North and Midlands to still vote for them, and Remainers in London to vote for them, but you can't do it again surely?'
As the caller explains he wasn't a typical Labour voter but a shy Liberal Democrat voter.
- 1 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 3 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 5 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 6 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 7 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 8 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 9 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 10 Piers Morgan defends interview with Thérèse Coffey after accusations of 'bullying'
The former UKIP leader however encouraged him to go out and support the party saying 'you should be proud of who you are!'
He explained: 'Actually Mark, if you think there should be an exit from Brexit the Lib Dems are the right party to vote for, because they're not hiding it!'
'If you're a firm remainer that believes the referendum that should be overturned - that's not a position I agree with or respect - but if that's how you feel then it's the Lib Dems for you!'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.