Nigel Farage is launching a pro-Brexit newspaper
- Credit: Archant
Nigel Farage has announced plans to launch a pro-Brexit newspaper because he appears to think there is a gap in the market for one.
But rather than compete with other pro-Brexit newspapers including the Times, Mail, Express, Telegraph and The Sun on the shelves, Farage's newspaper is to be given away at street stalls...
Judging by the design, it looks and sounds a bit like the Lib Dem Voice and other newspaper-style leaflets produced by political parties.
The newspaper is called 'The Brexiteer' and proudly claims it is 'free for democrats'.
It is expected to launch in July, with the first edition featuring opinion pieces from Brexiteer voices including Nigel Farage and Wetherspoon's boss Tim Martin. MEP Ann Widdecombe features on Page 3.
You may also want to watch:
The launch comes as the UK's only paid-for anti-Brexit newspaper, The New European, celebrates its third birthday after initially launching as a four-week venture.
At his 'big vision' event Farage also revealed he is planning merchandise to promote his pro-Brexit movement which will include coffee cups and football scarves.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.