Nigel Farage is launching a pro-Brexit newspaper
- Credit: Archant
Nigel Farage has announced plans to launch a pro-Brexit newspaper because he appears to think there is a gap in the market for one.
But rather than compete with other pro-Brexit newspapers including the Times, Mail, Express, Telegraph and The Sun on the shelves, Farage's newspaper is to be given away at street stalls...
Judging by the design, it looks and sounds a bit like the Lib Dem Voice and other newspaper-style leaflets produced by political parties.
The newspaper is called 'The Brexiteer' and proudly claims it is 'free for democrats'.
It is expected to launch in July, with the first edition featuring opinion pieces from Brexiteer voices including Nigel Farage and Wetherspoon's boss Tim Martin. MEP Ann Widdecombe features on Page 3.
You may also want to watch:
The launch comes as the UK's only paid-for anti-Brexit newspaper, The New European, celebrates its third birthday after initially launching as a four-week venture.
At his 'big vision' event Farage also revealed he is planning merchandise to promote his pro-Brexit movement which will include coffee cups and football scarves.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 7 Keir Starmer got it right with vote on Brexit deal
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 10 PMQs Review: The one where the speaker finally snapped