Brexiteer: There will be ‘blood and slaughter’ if there is a People’s Vote
- Credit: LBC/Global
A caller to Nigel Farage's radio show has warned that a People's Vote would result in the British turning to the 'old fashioned' way of settling disputes through 'blood and slaughter'.
The caller to LBC - who was introduced as John from Liverpool - made the shocking comments as he described the idea of a People's Vote as 'horrendous'.
He claimed that a People's Vote was now likely to happen and that Jeremy Corbyn is just playing the 'long game'.
Speaking to Farage, he said: 'In regarding withdrawing the second referendum amendment today, they are just playing the long game.
'They learnt the lesson that day Corbyn voted no confidence in Theresa May, he never had the numbers and they are just waiting.
You may also want to watch:
'The precedent that it will set if there is such a thing as a second referendum is absolutely horrendous for this country.
'For the working man and woman in the street wherever they are they only have one voice in this country.
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 4 Ed Miliband mocks Kwasi Kwarteng's 'road to Damascus conversion'
- 5 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 6 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
- 7 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 8 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 9 Backlash over Tory MP receiving Covid-19 vaccine despite not being classed as vulnerable
- 10 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
'And that is the little cross on the piece of paper that took hundreds of years and many many stepping stones to get to.
'The moment that is destroyed, the referendum result itself becomes secondary to the vote, the sacrosanct vote.
'The moment that is destroyed we are only left with the old fashioned way of solving disputes.
'And that is blood and slaughter.'
Brexiteer radio host Farage tried to then move the caller away from the talk of violence.
He said: 'John you really genuinely fear that what parliament is doing is breaking down trust in the democratic process?'
The caller responded: 'They are destroying democracy and the oldest democracy.
'This democracy in this country is looked at all over the world.
'If they destroy this vote and make this vote counterfeit, then democracy is finished.'
Farage said: 'I share your concerns, and it's one of the reasons why I, if Brexit is completely foiled by these people, we have to make sure there are democratic organisations and parties that they can go and support. Because if they don't, you are right, if you take away from people that freedom they will be tempted down a different path.
'John, thank you for picking up the call, and wow that was a very passionate thought there for John.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.