Nigel Farage likened to Alan Partridge for his coronavirus lockdown attire
- Credit: Archant
It's the mental image no-one wanted. Nigel Farage on his sofa in short shorts. But for some reason the Brexiteer decided to share it with the internet.
With Brexit slipping off the agenda, Farage's latest way to garner attention appeared to be using Facebook Live, while looking worse for wear.
The former MEP decided with a prime minister in intensive care, that was the perfect time to whine about politics and the UK's handling of the coronavirus.
He complained about being under 'house arrest' and fumed that he had been told it was racist to blame China for the disease.
'They are looking to take over the world in their own way,' he claimed.
You may also want to watch:
'The same mob that sold us out to Brussels are happy to sell our sovereignty to China.'
But it was what he was wearing which was attracting the most attention, both in the comments on the live stream and follow up tweets.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 4 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 5 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 6 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 7 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 8 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 9 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
'Bloody hell Nigel, shorts! I hope little Nigel doesn't fall out!' said one.
'You look like an older version of Prince George - same hair and clothes,' wrote another.
'Please don't move your hands,' begged another. 'Really don't want to accidentally see a bollock'.
'It's like watching Alan Partridge with his short shorts,' another told the Brexiteer.
Even Brexiteer fans were struggling with the stream. They said: 'Agree with everything you say Nigel, but please don't wear those shorts again!'
Screenshots started to circulate on Twitter too.
'He looks like a divorcee sending a video message to the Russian bloke pretending to be his 'girlfriend'', wrote @BeardedGenius.
'Onlyfans has let itself go a bit,' tweeted Dr Louise Raw.
'Britain's most powerful anti-smoking ad is a reminder that Nigel Farage is younger than Keir Starmer' said Will Simpson.
'Please guys. The Nigel Farage image. I haven't even had breakfast yet. Please stop,' urged Ian Dunt.
'Nothing to see here,' noted Simon Bruni 'Just a normal guy wearing denim hotpants and a shirt and jumper with a Union Jack cushion and a picture of a hamster behind him. All perfectly normal.'
'Kylie would be envious of those hot pants' posted Brexiteer Darren Grimes.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.