Nigel Farage could appear on I’m A Celebrity after Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Nigel Farage has suggested he is 'open' to appearing on I'm A Celebrity! Get Me Out Of Here in a future series.
The pro-Brexit politician told This Morning that ITV bosses had considered the MEP for the line-up in the past but that he was too "busy" to do it.
But asked if he'd consider the show now he said: "I don't know" before saying he hadn't been tempted before "because the Brexit thing wasn't done yet".
He accepted if he did appear on the programme he would most likely be forced to do most of the infamous Bushtucker trials.
"I'd be on every bloomin' trial there is ... the problem with having an opinion is, while some people love you, a lot don't."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby he said he planned to February "reflecting" on his future in politics.
"I was once quite normal, I had a business, a young family, I got involved in politics, this was my cause.
- 1 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 4 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 7 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 10 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
"I felt the European thing was going wrong, I felt it was a different thing what mum and dad voted for all those years ago
"So I'm going to spend a bit of time after February reflecting, a big chapter of my life is over, I'll take my time."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.