Farage stuns listeners with rare praise for the ‘clever negotiators’ at the EU
- Credit: Archant
Brexiteer Nigel Farage stunned listeners of his radio programme by praising the European Union negotiators for being 'really clever'.
Despite the pair being on rival sides, the Brexit Party leader praised Michel Barnier as he took questions from his listeners on the Brexit extension.
A Brexiteer caller, who called herself Anne, complained that the UK was being "stitched up by the EU".
She said: "Who chose the 31 October if they're all on holiday or sitting around chatting?"
Farage smirked as he said it was "genius" from the EU side.
You may also want to watch:
"Aren't they good?"
He then went on to heap praise on the negotiators involved in the talks.
- 1 Why have Remainers gone so quiet?
- 2 The cheerleaders who have let Boris Johnson get away with it
- 3 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 4 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
- 5 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 6 PMQs: Ian Blackford drops truth bomb over post-Brexit trade deal with Australia
- 7 Politicians should vote on Australian post-Brexit trade deal, says Nicola Sturgeon
- 8 George Eustice could be demoted in next cabinet reshuffle
- 9 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 10 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
"The last time I saw Barnier, he was in the coffee room. He is always very polite.
"I said, Michel, I wish you were on our side. He's a really clever negotiator."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.