Farage stuns listeners with rare praise for the ‘clever negotiators’ at the EU
- Credit: Archant
Brexiteer Nigel Farage stunned listeners of his radio programme by praising the European Union negotiators for being 'really clever'.
Despite the pair being on rival sides, the Brexit Party leader praised Michel Barnier as he took questions from his listeners on the Brexit extension.
A Brexiteer caller, who called herself Anne, complained that the UK was being "stitched up by the EU".
She said: "Who chose the 31 October if they're all on holiday or sitting around chatting?"
Farage smirked as he said it was "genius" from the EU side.
You may also want to watch:
"Aren't they good?"
He then went on to heap praise on the negotiators involved in the talks.
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 3 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 4 Liz Truss to deliver speech rejecting 'Britain First' strategy ahead of US election
- 5 More approve of EU leadership than Boris Johnson's premiership, poll finds
- 6 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 7 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 8 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 9 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 10 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
"The last time I saw Barnier, he was in the coffee room. He is always very polite.
"I said, Michel, I wish you were on our side. He's a really clever negotiator."