Farage stuns listeners with rare praise for the ‘clever negotiators’ at the EU
- Credit: Archant
Brexiteer Nigel Farage stunned listeners of his radio programme by praising the European Union negotiators for being 'really clever'.
Despite the pair being on rival sides, the Brexit Party leader praised Michel Barnier as he took questions from his listeners on the Brexit extension.
A Brexiteer caller, who called herself Anne, complained that the UK was being "stitched up by the EU".
She said: "Who chose the 31 October if they're all on holiday or sitting around chatting?"
Farage smirked as he said it was "genius" from the EU side.
You may also want to watch:
"Aren't they good?"
He then went on to heap praise on the negotiators involved in the talks.
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 5 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 6 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 8 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 9 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 10 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
"The last time I saw Barnier, he was in the coffee room. He is always very polite.
"I said, Michel, I wish you were on our side. He's a really clever negotiator."