Nine out of 10 constituencies want a People’s Vote
- Credit: PA
Nine out of 10 constituencies in Britain want a final say, with a majority of Londoners agreeing with a People's Vote, according to a new nationwide poll.
The poll by campaign group Right to Vote finds voters in nine out of 10 of Britain's 632 constituencies support a final say.
The survey of 9,500 adults across Britain also reveals that 68% of voters across the capital's 73 constituencies who expressed a view want a final say, with 32% against.
The poll also reveals that voters in the seats of EVERY Westminster party leader want a final say - that's 59% in Theresa May's Maidenhead constituency, 75% in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn's Islington North seat, 61% in SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford's Ross, Skye and Lochaber seat, 60% in The Independent Group's Heidi Allen's South Cambridgeshire seat, 71% in Lib Dem Vince Cable's Twickenham seat, and 61% in Plaid Cymru Westminster leader Liz Saville Roberts's Dwyfor Meirionnydd seat.
Across London, numbers of voters who want a final say include 86% in the Cities of Westminster and London constituency, 80% in Greg Hands's Chelsea and Fulham seat, 79% in Emily Thornbury's Islington South seat, 75% in Poplar and Limehouse, 75% in Kier Starmer's Holborn & St Pancras seat, 74% in Wimbledon and 59% in Boris Johnson's Uxbridge and Ruislip South seat.
You may also want to watch:
Dominic Grieve MP, a co-founder of Right to Vote - which seeks a final say in the Brexit process - said: 'Asking for more time and opposition help to salvage a deal nobody wants is yet again merely delaying the moment of truth.
'We need a meaningful delay to agree a practical and credible proposal which can be put to the people for a final say. What started with the people should end with the people.'
- 1 Andy Burnham urges UK to 'embrace' Brexit as 'new reality'
- 2 Labour needs more positivity, more patriotism, more policy... and less wokery
- 3 The deep roots of Labour's red wall decline
- 4 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 5 Former Tory speaker admits voting Labour after labeling Boris Johnson a 'liar'
- 6 MANDRAKE: Boris Johnson's 'daughter' speaks out
- 7 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 8 Boris Johnson has an ‘unsatisfied’ county court judgment
- 9 The truth about 'buy British'
- 10 Liz Truss accused of freeports 'catastrophic blunder' following Brexit deals
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.