Boris Johnson to host press conference ahead of pubs re-opening
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson will appear at a Downing Street press conference on Friday ahead of the lockdown being eased in England at the weekend.
Johnson is expected to lead a Downing Street press conference on Friday ahead of pubs, hairdressers, cinemas and hotels reopening.
The prime minister wants the public to follow coronavirus guidance and ensure they 'don't overdo it' when lockdown restrictions are eased this weekend his official spokesman said.
He told a Westminster briefing: '(Johnson) has said that he does want to see people able to go out and to enjoy themselves, but he is also very clear that everybody needs to be careful, stay alert and to follow the guidance.
'The guidance is there to keep everybody safe and to control the spread of the virus, and it is hugely important that everybody follows the advice and makes sure that they don't overdo it.'
You may also want to watch:
Asked if Johnson would be visiting a pub or restaurant on Saturday, the spokesman said: 'He's talked about his enthusiasm for a haircut and pint previously but I don't know exactly what he's doing on Saturday yet.'
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 Tory MPs vote down Lords bid to protect NHS from post-Brexit trade deals
- 8 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 9 Boris Johnson narrowly avoids defeat over vote on trade deals with genocidal regimes
- 10 Trump caller hangs up on James O'Brien after failing to cite ex-president's 'truths'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.