New battlebus launched to mark new phase of People’s Vote campaigning
- Credit: Archant
A new campaign battlebus has been unveiled to mark a new phase of campaigning that calls for a final say on the Brexit deal.
The bus, organised by the youth movement Our Future Our Choice, aims to show MPs the strength of feeling in young people about Brexit.
It is fully wrapped with the message '77% of us don't want Brexit - stand up for our future!'
Unlike the £350m message on the side of the original Brexit bus from Vote Leave, this statistic is backed up with evidence.
Our Future Our Choice are using the unveiling of the battlebus to mark the start of the next phase of campaigning for a People's Vote.
You may also want to watch:
The first destination of the campaigning will be in Loughborough where an event is taking place with Remainer MP Nicky Morgan. It will then travel the country to send a clear message to MPs.
Will Dry from the Our Future Our Choice group said: 'We're launching this bus to show that young people are serious about opposing this deal. We're asking MPs to consult their consciences. They have to ask the question: is this better than the deal we have? Is it good enough for the young people of this country? The answer is no.'
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 6 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 7 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 8 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 9 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 10 GB News seeks to hire Nick Ferrari and Julia Hartley-Brewer to present on new channel
Talking about Theresa May's Brexit deal, Lara Spirit said it would 'destroy opportunities for young people' and provide them with a 'worse future.'
'The resignations that we've seen over the last week show that this deal isn't good enough - not for leavers, not for remainers, not for the youth of this country.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.