Cheers! New anti-Brexit beer to be launched by Remain campaigners
- Credit: Archant
A new pale ale is to be launched in celebration of Europe and as a unique protest against Brexit.
Campaigners from the Lambeth for Europe and Wandsworth and Merton European Movement groups helped to create the new 'delicious, light and fresh' drink, which is carefully blended from British and German hops.
The group says the drink's title - Four Freedoms - is a nod to the European Single Market and its values which include the freedoms of movement of goods, capital, services, and labour.
The drink will be brewed by Brixton's Clarkshaws Brewery at Loughborough Junction in south London, and will be officially launched next month on the eve of the next major People's Vote march.
Ben Austin, one of the founders of Four Freedoms, said: 'After the fractious referendum campaign, I really felt we needed to do something positive that could cheer us all up and so we thought what better way to do this than making a beer with some close friends?'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We're really pleased with the finished product and looking forward to sharing our delicious brew with fellow pro-Europeans'.
The launch event takes place at the Whirled Cinema – a stone's throw from the brewery – on Friday 19th October 2018.
- 1 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 2 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 3 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
- 4 The reverse Midas touch of Michael Gove
- 5 Is the end finally nigh for EU's most notorious leader?
- 6 First black female mayor elected in Liverpool as Labour holds on to role
- 7 Nicola Sturgeon concedes Holyrood majority for SNP is a ‘very long shot’
- 8 Labour should never have swallowed the Brexit pill
- 9 Labour claims ‘extraordinary results’ in Welsh Parliament election
- 10 Scotland ‘united against the fascists’ after far-right candidates rejected
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.