Farage proves he ‘couldn’t organise a p*ss-up at a brewery’ as party flops
- Credit: PA
Nigel Farage has proven he couldn't 'organise a p*ss-up in a brewery' after none of the promises for his Brexit celebration have materialised.
In his announcement the Brexit Party leader promised comedians, bands and fireworks to mark January 31st.
But his most recent publicity revealed that the line-up contained none of the above, with the comedy instead coming from Brexiteers like Tim Martin from Wetherspoons and MEP Ann Widdecombe.
The organisers have also warned revellers that alcohol will be banned from the event as part of strict licensing rules for holding an event in a public place.
The Leave Means Leave group had originally planned to charge for the event, but then announced it operate a donations system instead.
You may also want to watch:
In its latest communication it recommends a minimum donation of £10 for those that are attending the party.
The Lib Dems were damning in their criticism of Nigel Farage's event, claiming it showed he "couldn't organise a p*ss-up at a brewery".
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 6 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 7 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 8 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 9 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 10 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
Liberal Democrat Brexit spokesperson Alistair Carmichael said: "Like the 2016 referendum, they promised everything under the sun for their crude party. But just like Brexit, people have been left with nothing more than broken promises.
"Sadly, this is just typical of what we have come to expect with Brexit. All the more reason for Liberal Democrats do everything in our power to hold this government to account."