People’s Vote reveal 100 ‘top target’ seats for keeping Tories out
- Credit: Archant
The People's Vote campaign is to target 100 seats that can deliver a final say referendum with a pledge to spend £100,000 on pro-People's Vote candidates.
On their new website launched on Saturday, the campaign advises users on tactical voting in key seats across the country recommending which candidate to vote for to avoid a Tory majority.
"This coming election will define our country's future for generations to come and tactical voting is going to be vital in preventing a Tory majority," a spokesperson for the campaign said.
"We need to elect pro-people's vote MPs to ensure Britain gets the people's vote it deserves. The launch of the tactical voting site, the chatbot and donations are key strategic elements in our campaign to elect a People's Vote majority as we step up our activity in the coming weeks."
The People's Vote recommendations are based on detailed analysis of private and public polling data along with information and insight from election results at all levels going back many years.
You may also want to watch:
Their £100,000 donation will go to the 100 candidates who need it most, and People's Vote will also be directing social media adverts on tactical voting into marginal seats.
The site also identifies your nearest marginal seat and allows People's Vote supporters to sign up to campaigning for our recommended candidates, making it easier for volunteers to assess where their activity can have the greatest impact.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 9 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
"The appetite for a People's Vote has never been keener. We have seen record donations in the past week, increasing numbers of supporters and tens of thousands of activists campaigning for a final say referendum. Supporting those candidates who can deliver a final say referendum is vital for Britain's future health and prosperity," the spokesperson said.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.