People should probably stop covering up copies of the Mail with The New European
- Credit: Archant
We do not condone this and imagine it makes the editor of the Daily Mail very angry…
Across the country unknown Remainers have been rearranging news stands to cover Europsceptic newspapers with copies of The New European.
The Bournemouth Echo have reported on repeated instances of a mystery vigilante rearranging copies of the New European to cover the Mail and the Express at Waitrose in Parkstone:
Editor of The New European Matt Kelly commented on Twitter:
You may also want to watch:
We urge readers not to take part in this – however, if you do encounter so-called 'Remainer revenge' against the right-wing press in a supermarket near you, please send us a photo so that we can flag up any future acts of sabotage here:
- 1 Joe Biden’s ‘candid’ message to Boris Johnson on Northern Ireland Brexit row
- 2 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
- 3 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 4 Why Australian trade deal could complicate future post-Brexit agreements
- 5 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 6 A furious Hoyle accuses government of misleading the House
- 7 Brexit: British 'expats' in Spain facing deportation over residency
- 8 Priti Patel says fans have right to boo England team for taking the knee
- 9 PM to reveal details of post-Brexit agreement with Australia
- 10 Tory MP ordered to publicly apologise for bullying parliament staff after struggling with IT
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.