People should probably stop covering up copies of the Mail with The New European
- Credit: Archant
We do not condone this and imagine it makes the editor of the Daily Mail very angry…
Across the country unknown Remainers have been rearranging news stands to cover Europsceptic newspapers with copies of The New European.
The Bournemouth Echo have reported on repeated instances of a mystery vigilante rearranging copies of the New European to cover the Mail and the Express at Waitrose in Parkstone:
Editor of The New European Matt Kelly commented on Twitter:
You may also want to watch:
We urge readers not to take part in this – however, if you do encounter so-called 'Remainer revenge' against the right-wing press in a supermarket near you, please send us a photo so that we can flag up any future acts of sabotage here:
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 6 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 7 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 8 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Brexiteer in lockdown denial over 49% drop in constituency Covid-19 cases
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.