Piers Morgan attracts complaints after branding Dominic Cummings a ‘rat-faced weasel’
- Credit: Archant
Piers Morgan's description of Boris Johnson's senior aide as a 'rat-faced weasel' has attracted complaints to the television watchdog.
Good Morning Britain presenter Morgan used his last appearance on-air before his summer break to slam Johnson and Cummings during another fiery rant.
His remarks came as it was revealed the government was looking to force NHS staff to start paying for hospital car park charges again, despite the coronavirus crisis continuing.
The presenter mimicked Johnson whilst grunting, shaking his head, and mocking the way the prime minister claps.
'This is how they reward them, isn't it extraordinary?
You may also want to watch:
''The first thing we're going to do is make you pay to park at hospitals again, make sure they have to pay for the privilege of parking at a hospital'.
In the same programme the presenter vented about Cummings, branding him a 'rat-faced weasel' after Tory MP Mark Francois threatened an army general by saying the senior aide will 'sort him out'.
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 6 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 7 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 8 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 9 Minister says he 'doesn't understand' accusation he's starving kids in holidays
- 10 Brexiteer in lockdown denial over 49% drop in constituency Covid-19 cases
'He's a small man with a big chip on his shoulder,' the Mirror's Kevin Maguire told the programme.
Morgan replied: 'Of all the threats General Carter has to deal with over the decades of his outstanding military service to this country, Dominic Cummings, that little rat-faced weasel from Downing Street who broke lockdown rules... he would be the lowest on the list of potential threats that keeps General Carter awake at night'.
The programme attracted 23 complaints to broadcasting watchdog Ofcom,
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.