Piers Morgan brands Dominic Cummings a ‘liar’ and blames him for ‘destroying lockdown’
- Credit: Archant
Piers Morgan has returned to television screens to brand Boris Johnson's senior aide a 'liar' and has held him responsible for 'destroying' the coronavirus lockdown.
Fellow Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid asked Morgan if he had been travelling around Barnard Castle to test his eyesight during his week off, in reference to the Dominic Cummings saga.
Reid laughed as Morgan started his rant - minutes after returning to the airwaves - sarcastically about testing his eyesight while having kids in the back of his car.
He said: 'I drove 250 miles to Durham to see a castle.
'My eyesight was so bad I put my children in the back of my car so that just in case I did crash.. . to check my eyesight wasn't as bad as I feared I put my children in the back of my car because that is what you do.'
You may also want to watch:
He continued: 'Why don't we call it what it is? Dominic Cummings is a liar.
'He broke the rules we know it, everyone knows it, the BBC may shut down Emily Maitlis for saying it, but they're not gonna shut us down from saying it or me, he broke every rule there is to break.'
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 Tory MPs vote down Lords bid to protect NHS from post-Brexit trade deals
- 8 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 9 Boris Johnson narrowly avoids defeat over vote on trade deals with genocidal regimes
- 10 Trump caller hangs up on James O'Brien after failing to cite ex-president's 'truths'
He said: 'I was watching this wondering 'have I lost my mind?''.
He branded the whole situation 'nonsense' that he remained in office.
'We didn't all break the rules, the rules were very straight forward.
'Every part of this stinks and there he is back in his work station like nothing happened.'
He later added: 'What Dominic Cummings has almost single-handedly done is destroy the lockdown. By doing what he did, refusing to apologise, refusing to admit anything he did was wrong - even though none of us could do what he did at the time he did it - by doing that he has destroyed the lockdown, destroyed trust in the government.
'Boris Johnson still stands by him inexplicably - god knows what Cummings has on Johnson, it must be bad'.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.