Piers Morgan had the perfect response to Edwina Currie over Boris Johnson jibe
- Credit: ITV
Piers Morgan just had the perfect response to Edwina Currie when she tried to goad him on his programme.
Currie, who was trying her hardest to defend the government over test, track and trace, was left stumbling over a question over the figures relating to the system.
In an attempt to deflect attention away from the question, she slipped in a dig about Piers Morgan and Good Morning Britain.
"I look at the government website... and erm... by the way aren't you jealous of Andrew Marr?" she asked.
"He actually got an interview with the prime minister," the former Tory minister said grinning.
As fellow guest John Bercow shook his head and cringed at the jibe, Morgan had a quick-witted response.
"At this stage if Boris Johnson agrees to appear on your programme it's really embarrassing.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 3 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 4 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
- 8 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
- 9 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 10 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
"Because it means he thinks he's going to get an easy ride.
"So actually I'm not".
It prompted Currie to quickly divert back to the original point, as she continued: "Let me answer your question, let me answer your question!"
Viewer Donna Martin tweeted: "Just shows you the mentality of our government when Edwina Currie asks if Piers is jealous because Andrew Marr got an interview with Boris.
"Really! Is that all they care about? People are dying in our country!"