Piers Morgan had the perfect response to Edwina Currie over Boris Johnson jibe
- Credit: ITV
Piers Morgan just had the perfect response to Edwina Currie when she tried to goad him on his programme.
Currie, who was trying her hardest to defend the government over test, track and trace, was left stumbling over a question over the figures relating to the system.
In an attempt to deflect attention away from the question, she slipped in a dig about Piers Morgan and Good Morning Britain.
"I look at the government website... and erm... by the way aren't you jealous of Andrew Marr?" she asked.
"He actually got an interview with the prime minister," the former Tory minister said grinning.
As fellow guest John Bercow shook his head and cringed at the jibe, Morgan had a quick-witted response.
"At this stage if Boris Johnson agrees to appear on your programme it's really embarrassing.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 3 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 4 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 5 Leaked memo exposes government fears over rise in support for Scottish independence
- 6 UK Business leaders describe Brexit call with Boris Johnson and Michael Gove as 'pointless'
- 7 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 8 Tory minister branded 'disgraceful' after dismissing child hunger in Britain as something that has 'been going on for years'
- 9 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 10 Fool's gold? Nigel Farage wants you to invest your trust in his financial advice service
"Because it means he thinks he's going to get an easy ride.
"So actually I'm not".
It prompted Currie to quickly divert back to the original point, as she continued: "Let me answer your question, let me answer your question!"
Viewer Donna Martin tweeted: "Just shows you the mentality of our government when Edwina Currie asks if Piers is jealous because Andrew Marr got an interview with Boris.
"Really! Is that all they care about? People are dying in our country!"