Pilot seen flying all over the UK with a strange message for Remainers
- Credit: Archant
A small plane has been seen flying all over the nation with a bizarre message for Remainers which has left onlookers confused.
The small plane is towing a banner which reads 'Remainers are Kaput', in black and white, with a red hammer and sickle also shown.
It is not currently known who is flying the message, nor exactly what it means.
The plane has been spotted in several locations across the country over the last six months, and was most recently seen in Middlesbrough, Teesside.
Teesside Live have reported that the plane is currently flying around the midlands. They add that: "A few days ago, a similar aircraft towing the same message was spotted in the skies above Southport in Merseyside prompting social media users to question the meaning of the message."
You may also want to watch:
Strangely enough, Middlesbrough voters overwhelmingly voted to leave the European Union, with only 34.5% of the town's voters backing Remain.
It has also been seen in Warrington and Silverstone, which voted to Leave, and around the music festival at Remain-backing Reading.
- 1 Government scraps Pick for Britain programme after Brits fill as few as 5% of roles
- 2 Boris Johnson still has questions to answer about Caribbean holiday
- 3 Poll: Laurence Fox in joint last place with Count Binface in race for London mayor
- 4 Ex-minister says Boris Johnson's government is a 'cesspit' where 'almost nobody' tells the truth
- 5 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 6 James Dyson moves main address back to the UK
- 7 Government to dissolve parliament ahead of Queen’s Speech
- 8 Salmon industry insist officials miscalculated post-Brexit export figures
- 9 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 10 Keir Starmer's day will come
One person tweeted: "If you needed a reminder of how insane political discourse in this country is, there's currently some absolute psychopath in a plane, flying a banner that says 'Remainers are Kaput' over Middlesbrough".
Another said: "Greeted in England first by my cousin and her lovely kids and immediately thereafter by a small propellor plane dragging a banner with "Remainers are Kaput [sic]" in black and a giant red hammer and sickle at the end. I have no idea what to make of this."
Have you seen the plane or have any idea what it means? Send us an email.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.