Pilot seen flying all over the UK with a strange message for Remainers
- Credit: Archant
A small plane has been seen flying all over the nation with a bizarre message for Remainers which has left onlookers confused.
The small plane is towing a banner which reads 'Remainers are Kaput', in black and white, with a red hammer and sickle also shown.
It is not currently known who is flying the message, nor exactly what it means.
The plane has been spotted in several locations across the country over the last six months, and was most recently seen in Middlesbrough, Teesside.
Teesside Live have reported that the plane is currently flying around the midlands. They add that: "A few days ago, a similar aircraft towing the same message was spotted in the skies above Southport in Merseyside prompting social media users to question the meaning of the message."
You may also want to watch:
Strangely enough, Middlesbrough voters overwhelmingly voted to leave the European Union, with only 34.5% of the town's voters backing Remain.
It has also been seen in Warrington and Silverstone, which voted to Leave, and around the music festival at Remain-backing Reading.
- 1 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 6 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 7 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 10 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
One person tweeted: "If you needed a reminder of how insane political discourse in this country is, there's currently some absolute psychopath in a plane, flying a banner that says 'Remainers are Kaput' over Middlesbrough".
Another said: "Greeted in England first by my cousin and her lovely kids and immediately thereafter by a small propellor plane dragging a banner with "Remainers are Kaput [sic]" in black and a giant red hammer and sickle at the end. I have no idea what to make of this."
Have you seen the plane or have any idea what it means? Send us an email.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.