Pro EU message to greet May in Washington
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The pro-Europe group behind the stunt to get EU flags flown at the Last Night of the Proms has hatched a new plan to take their message across the Atlantic.
The team aim to drive a digital advertising van around Washington DC emblazoned with pro-European images and messages, to coincide with Theresa May's meeting with Donald Trump.
The EU Flags at the Proms team began crowdfunding for the initiative on Thursday night and within seven hours reached more than £3,000.
You may also want to watch:
Their project statement says: 'Theresa May is at this moment arriving in Washington and pledging to make Britain great again. It was already, because it is in a union and Unions are strong - both Britain and America are Unions after all. We want to send a clear message to Theresa May that she cannot hide from us or ignore us.'
- 1 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
- 2 Boris Johnson proposes saving United Kingdom with 'Project Love' plan
- 3 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
- 4 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 5 Former Brexit secretary 'privately agreed' with Gina Miller's court action over Article 50
- 6 PMQs: Commons speaker reprimands Boris Johnson over Greensill response
- 7 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 8 Tory candidate under fire after describing Brexit chaos as a 'hiccup'
- 9 PRINCE PHILIP: Why this Danish, Greek, German immigrant epitomised Britain
- 10 Tory MPs vote down proposal for parliamentary inquiry into Greensill scandal
In September – after another crowdfunding drive – the group handed out thousands of EU flags to prom goers, to wave in a protest against Brexit, during the televised concert.
To find out more, visit: www.crowdfunder.co.uk/greeting-to-may-in-dc
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.