Pro EU message to greet May in Washington
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The pro-Europe group behind the stunt to get EU flags flown at the Last Night of the Proms has hatched a new plan to take their message across the Atlantic.
The team aim to drive a digital advertising van around Washington DC emblazoned with pro-European images and messages, to coincide with Theresa May's meeting with Donald Trump.
The EU Flags at the Proms team began crowdfunding for the initiative on Thursday night and within seven hours reached more than £3,000.
You may also want to watch:
Their project statement says: 'Theresa May is at this moment arriving in Washington and pledging to make Britain great again. It was already, because it is in a union and Unions are strong - both Britain and America are Unions after all. We want to send a clear message to Theresa May that she cannot hide from us or ignore us.'
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 6 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 7 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 8 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 9 Minister says he 'doesn't understand' accusation he's starving kids in holidays
- 10 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
In September – after another crowdfunding drive – the group handed out thousands of EU flags to prom goers, to wave in a protest against Brexit, during the televised concert.
To find out more, visit: www.crowdfunder.co.uk/greeting-to-may-in-dc
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.