Did you know what ERG actually stands for?
- Credit: Getty Images
Readers react to the latest announcement from Jacob Rees-Mogg and the ERG.
May it comfort readers to be reminded that a ERG is an obsolete unit of work in the metric system?
An ERG of work is done when a force of one dyne moves its point of application through one centimetre. It is a very small quantity.
Robert Stevens, York
You may also want to watch:
Heartened to hear that the European Research Group alternative Brexit plans include a British Space Force.
I presume that this is to take control of our celestial borders and control the Free Trade Agreement we will be concluding with the Vulcans and the Klingon Empire.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 9 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
David O'Neil, Bournemouth
Jacob Rees-Mogg has described Mark Carney as a 'wailing banshee' and dismissed the prime minister as having a 'Dirty Harry moment'.
If I went about using such language, publicly, to denounce those whose views differed from mine I would be assessed as not being of sound mind. Why is Rees-Mogg given a second of airtime or a centimetre of newspaper space?
Pat Brandwood, Broadstone
• Send your views for publication in The New European by sending an email to email@example.com
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.