Jeremy Corbyn will send a stand-in for seven-way election debate
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
After Boris Johnson decided to send a stand-in to the BBC's seven-way election debate on Friday, Jeremy Corbyn has opted to do the same thing
In their place will be chief secretary to the treasury, Rishi Sunak, for the Tories, and shadow business secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey for Labour.
WATCH: Boris Johnson's debate stand-in asked: 'What's he scared of?'Johnson has also snubbed Channel Four by refusing to appear for their climate change-focused debate on Sunday night.
Leader of the Liberal Democrats Jo Swinson and leader of the SNP Nicola Sturgeon will both feature in the debate.
Also due to take part are leader of Plaid Cymru Adam Price, former leader of the Green Party and Green candidate for Brighton Pavilion Caroline Lucas, and Brexit Party chairman Richard Tice.
The debate is due to take place on BBC One on Friday November 29 at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 2 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 3 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 4 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 5 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 6 Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
- 7 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 8 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 9 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 10 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime