WATCH: Femi Oluwole destroys ‘undemocratic’ Brexiteer
- Credit: Getty Images
Remain attack dog Femi Oluwole savaged the editor of Brexit Central declaring that refusing the public another chance to vote would be 'undemocratic'.
Oluwole, of Our Future Our Choice, was appearing head-to-head on Sky News with hardline Brexiteer Jonathan Isaby.
But Isaby's claim that the first referendum was the 'people's vote' did not wash with Oluwole.
Isaby said: 'What we had in June 2016 was a people's vote if you want to call it that. It was the biggest exercise in British electoral history. More people voted for Brexit than ever voted for anything else and what the Remain campaign said just as much as the Leave campaign was 'this is your one chance to make a decision about whether you want to be in the European Union or out of the European Union' and the British people made their views very clear.'
But Oluwole hit back saying: 'It is fundamentally undemocratic to argue that the British people should have no right to decide whether the deal that Theresa May negotiates is good enough for their futures or their children's futures.
You may also want to watch:
'We were not given a deal in 2016. We will have a deal at the end of this month. If you are arguing that the British people have no right to decide what Theresa May has negotiated, especially as it goes against all the promises and the red lines she set up, then you are being fundamentally anti-democratic.'
The clash came after May declared the negotiations were nearing the 'endgame'.
- 1 Boris Johnson’s latest offence shouldn’t be overlooked
- 2 Our PM demonstrates why Latin lessons plan is a bad idea
- 3 The cannabis conundrum
- 4 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 5 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 6 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 7 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 8 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 9 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 10 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.