New UKIP leader’s Twitter account reveals views on climate change, Obama, and much more
- Credit: Archant
UKIP's new leader, Richard Braine, has been active on Twitter since May 2010 and that has given him time to surprise nobody with his views on a wealth of issues.
Braine is vocal on Twitter about feminism, climate change, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, racism, Tommy Robinson and particularly Islam.
The UK is one of the most racist countries, said Braine, due to "anti-British" or "anti-white" racism. "The BBC advertises jobs for BAME only," he has said.
However the BBC rejected the claims against it which were published online and have since been removed after it became clear that, in line with the Equalities Act, the BBC had been advertising trainee opportunities, not jobs.
Responding to a tweet by the anti-immigration pressure group Migration Watch, Braine suggested to them that immigration is not just about numbers but "ethnic and cultural replacement".
You may also want to watch:
In a Twitter conversation about Tommy Robinson, Braine said he was "not a fan" but that he had shown "moral courage ... in raising the issue of gang-child-rape and its prevalence among Muslim men", adding that Robinson is "morally better than" the person he was talking to on Twitter.
He opposed Theresa May's withdrawal agreement, saying it was a form of "national slavery" and branding it a "Remain +++ surrender instrument".
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 More approve of EU leadership than Boris Johnson's premiership, poll finds
- 3 MANDRAKE: Chilling news for Telegraph bosses
- 4 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 5 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 6 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 7 Questions over Nigel Farage's quarantine status as he appears on stage with Donald Trump at rally
- 8 Liz Truss to deliver speech rejecting 'Britain First' strategy ahead of US election
- 9 Pret a Manger founder against lockdown because it will only 'save a few thousand lives'
- 10 Viktor Orban has eyes on a Brexit opportunity
On climate change, Braine has called himself an "agnostic" but has accused climate scientists of "corruption".
In response to a tweet from Welsh UKIP leader Neil Hamilton, in which 16-year-old environmental activist Greta Thunberg was portrayed as demonic in a mocked-up picture, Braine said she was a "puppet of powerful vested interests, driving a vast tax scam." He added that the people behind the "scam" were "sick".
Braine has also tweeted that he believes both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are "traitors" who should be in jail, but has not said why.
The New European contacted UKIP for further comment or clarification on all tweets mentioned in this article, but no response has been received at time of publication.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.