This video mocking Matt Hancock is causing hilarity
- Credit: Matt Hancock/Russell Howard
A video of a comedian mocking Tory health minister Matt Hancock during the general election has resurfaced, raising a smile during the coronavirus pandemic.
Russell Howard took a clip of Hancock talking about the Conservative Party's election manifesto and his pledges for the NHS and mocked it up to look like he was following the comedian at a bus stop.
Playing up Hancock's slightly looming straight-to-camera approach, he plays the part of a person on the receiving end of his monologue.
You may also want to watch:
'I've just arrived at the station on my way to the manifesto launch, I'm really excited about this manifesto,' says Hancock, staring intently into the lens.
- 1 QT: Brexiteer economist urged to 'check his facts' following rant about EU fisheries policy
- 2 British expats seethe at post-Brexit travel restrictions
- 3 Boris Johnson faces 'wipeout' in 'Red Wall' seats at next general election, new polling suggests
- 4 Fish merchant claims he was 'brainwashed' into voting Brexit
- 5 Jacob Rees-Mogg shuts down debate on Eton welcoming girls saying it 'works very well' without them
- 6 Johnson's destruction of the UK's global standing
- 7 A paper-thin Brexit deal isn’t befitting of Great Britain
- 8 Brexiteer begins swearing after discovering extent of trade between GB and NI
- 9 Michel Barnier cancels Brexit briefing with EU envoys due to 'ongoing intensive negotiations'
- 10 ALASTAIR CAMPBELL: Keir has let the Tories get inside his head
The camera cuts to Howard, under the same public transport shelter, who removes his earbuds in suprise.
'F**k off,' shouts a terrified Howard as Hancock proceeds towards him, describing how the manifesto is 'such a positive, vibrant, cuture vision for Britain'.
'Get out of my face, you creepy f**king man-baby,' says an increasingly terrified Howard.
As Hancock continues, the comedian yells 'stop talking to me!' as he runs away.
The clip - which first appeared on television at the end of last year - has viewed shared thousands of times again as the health minister heads up the government's response to the coronavirus.
'I'd not seen this his before, said Rachel Bell sharing the video. 'Made me proper giggle.'
'Still as relevant today as it was then,' wrote another.
'Can someone check this guys basement and patio,' joked Daniel Garrity.
'Why won't he blink?!?' asked Tom Cracknell.
'I'd never seen this before but oh my, genius,' tweeted another viewer.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.