Brexit Party disowns candidate after he declared ‘war’ on LGBTQ community
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Brexit Party has disowned a candidate in Scotland who declared 'war' on the LGBTQ community.
The candidate claimed the comments in response to 'never ending attacks' from the LGBTQ community.
In a series of posts to his Facebook page from 2017 - still visible at the time of publishin g- Victor Robert Farrell said: "We are become the abandoned of God. [sic]"
The candidate for Glenrothes continued: "Oh Western nations look at your lands. Young lesbians in parliament, old lesbians leading political parties. Perverts pushing Sodomite rights. The aged living in fear.
"Look now at the Western nations, the beta males lying on their backs, urinating over their own bellies, running with the sharp teethed packs of Jezebel, all baying over their rights to murder their young.
You may also want to watch:
"LGBTQ - whatever you are. I now publicly confrim [sic] that in response to your never ending attacks. I am now AT WAR WITH YOU ALL."
In another post he said that they would be made into shoes and handbags "and buried with Hugh Heffner".
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 4 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 7 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 8 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 9 How the Daily Star became Boris Johnson's biggest critic
- 10 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
Jenny Gilruth, a candidate for Mid Fife and Gelnrothes, exposed the posts on Twitter. She said: "Look at the state of the Brexit Party candidate standing in Glenrothes - crusading against lesbians, rampant youths and all those without god in their lives."
Farrell is standing against candidates from the SNP, Scottish Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats in Glenrothes, but has now been disowned by the organisation.
His name will still appear on the ballot paper.
A spokesperson for the Brexit Party stated: "We have withdrawn our support for the candidate."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.