Furious woman in Boris Johnson’s constituency speaks for all of us
- Credit: Sky
A woman from Boris Johnson's constituency gave a classic answer to TV cameras during a feature on whether or not the prime minister will keep his parliamentary seat.
Sky's Sophy Ridge went to Uxbridge and South Ruislip to talk to members of the public on Johnson's chances in an upcoming election.
The vox pop segment spoke to people who are for, against, and neutral about Johnson - and then they spoke to this woman.
Ridge approached her to say they were asking about Johnson, and before she could even get her question out the woman responded.
Speaking with impressive intensity she said: "Don't even mention that name in front of me, that filthy piece of toerag."
You may also want to watch:
She then walked off before Ridge could say any more.
She didn't say why she felt so passionately - but her words have already gone down well on Remain-supporting social media.
- 1 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 3 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 4 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 5 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 6 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 7 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 8 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 9 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 10 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
The clip has already been viewed more than 200,000 times.
"I hereby renounce the gay and profess my undying love for this woman," said Twitter user Max.
Daily Star TV columnist Ed Gleave called it "a dream vox pop".
Another Twitter user, Giorgo Rondinolli, said: "This lady was spot on in front of Ridge on Sunday TV cameras! You got to feel loved, Boris Johnson ... be careful out there."
Brenda from Bristol should look out - a new contender for most-loved vox pop subject has arrived.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.