Furious woman in Boris Johnson’s constituency speaks for all of us
- Credit: Sky
A woman from Boris Johnson's constituency gave a classic answer to TV cameras during a feature on whether or not the prime minister will keep his parliamentary seat.
Sky's Sophy Ridge went to Uxbridge and South Ruislip to talk to members of the public on Johnson's chances in an upcoming election.
The vox pop segment spoke to people who are for, against, and neutral about Johnson - and then they spoke to this woman.
Ridge approached her to say they were asking about Johnson, and before she could even get her question out the woman responded.
Speaking with impressive intensity she said: "Don't even mention that name in front of me, that filthy piece of toerag."
You may also want to watch:
She then walked off before Ridge could say any more.
She didn't say why she felt so passionately - but her words have already gone down well on Remain-supporting social media.
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 9 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 10 Matt Hancock's NHS message backfires after appearing in hospital without a face mask
The clip has already been viewed more than 200,000 times.
"I hereby renounce the gay and profess my undying love for this woman," said Twitter user Max.
Daily Star TV columnist Ed Gleave called it "a dream vox pop".
Another Twitter user, Giorgo Rondinolli, said: "This lady was spot on in front of Ridge on Sunday TV cameras! You got to feel loved, Boris Johnson ... be careful out there."
Brenda from Bristol should look out - a new contender for most-loved vox pop subject has arrived.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.