Some joker organised Theresa May’s leaving drinks and 177k people RSVP’d
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
No plans on June 30? A Facebook event to give the PM a 'happy send off' after a difficult year is proving to be seriously popular
The last day in any job just isn't complete without those all important leaving drinks. So Theresa May must be touched at the thoughtful decision by one Facebook user to organise a celebratory booze up for her (as yet unconfirmed) departure.
The event is proving to be so popular that the location has been moved from the Red Lion Pub in Westminster due to capacity issues. The new location will be St James's Park, however, the event page reminds well wishers: 'Of course people are free to visit The Red Lion if they so wish.'
The organiser, Mark Stott, told the Metro that he considered the Conservative's poor election performance 'poetic'.
'To see somebody so conceited who needed to destroy their opposition be completely humiliated, and to lose on their very own phrases so badly, is simply pure Schadenfreude!'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 2 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 3 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 4 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 5 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
- 6 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 7 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 8 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 9 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 10 Poll finds Brexit-backing Wales would vote to rejoin EU