Speaker John Bercow honoured in Belgian dance single ‘ORDER’
- Credit: PA
His thunderous cries of 'ORDERRRRR' have been a feature of debate over Brexit for three years. Now John Bercow has had his catchphrase sampled in a Belgian dance music song.
His thunderous cries of "ORDERRRRR" have been a feature of debate over Brexit for three years. Now John Bercow has had his catchphrase sampled in a Belgian dance music song.
Bercow has stepped down from his position as speaker of the house today, but has been immortalised in this tribute to his interventions which "have had more worldwide media impact than any speech of the [last] three involved prime ministers", according to the track's producer.
The Antwerp-born musician Michael Schack, who has worked as a drummer with several well-known Belgian groups, said his track ORDER "is a tribute to the most well known quote of the ongoing three-year Brexit saga".
In the video featuring a puppet theatre of an unruly parliament, a Muppet-style John Bercow attempts to bring order with bellows of his many famous catchphrases, such as 'unlock' and 'division'.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile puppets representing the prime minister and Jeremy Corbyn fight and dance in time with a repeating house beat underneath strobe lights.
- 1 The biggest scandal may be that no rules were broken
- 2 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 3 BBC journalist admits being 'haunted' by fear broadcaster 'built up' Nigel Farage and UKIP
- 4 Welsh government takes Westminster to court over post-Brexit bill
- 5 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 6 Alan Duncan should have spoken out sooner about Boris Johnson
- 7 Ulster Unionism's crisis of faith
- 8 Prosecution threat for Tories' co-chairman
- 9 EU president faces fresh calls to resign over 'disastrous' Covid vaccine programme
- 10 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
In the last week the track has been played on Youtube over 10,000 times, and it is already climbing up the charts and playlists on Spotify and Apple Music.
It goes to show just what impact Bercow has had in the UK and across the EU as a global media sensation.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.