Speaker John Bercow honoured in Belgian dance single ‘ORDER’
- Credit: PA
His thunderous cries of 'ORDERRRRR' have been a feature of debate over Brexit for three years. Now John Bercow has had his catchphrase sampled in a Belgian dance music song.
His thunderous cries of "ORDERRRRR" have been a feature of debate over Brexit for three years. Now John Bercow has had his catchphrase sampled in a Belgian dance music song.
Bercow has stepped down from his position as speaker of the house today, but has been immortalised in this tribute to his interventions which "have had more worldwide media impact than any speech of the [last] three involved prime ministers", according to the track's producer.
The Antwerp-born musician Michael Schack, who has worked as a drummer with several well-known Belgian groups, said his track ORDER "is a tribute to the most well known quote of the ongoing three-year Brexit saga".
In the video featuring a puppet theatre of an unruly parliament, a Muppet-style John Bercow attempts to bring order with bellows of his many famous catchphrases, such as 'unlock' and 'division'.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile puppets representing the prime minister and Jeremy Corbyn fight and dance in time with a repeating house beat underneath strobe lights.
- 1 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 5 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 6 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 7 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 8 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 9 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 10 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
In the last week the track has been played on Youtube over 10,000 times, and it is already climbing up the charts and playlists on Spotify and Apple Music.
It goes to show just what impact Bercow has had in the UK and across the EU as a global media sensation.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.