Stella Creasy left banging head on desk during Brexit debate with Tory MP
- Credit: Archant
Labour MP Stella Creasy was left in despair during a Brexit debate with Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi, demonstrating her frustration by banging her head on the desk.
The Walthamstow MP appeared on the BBC's Politics Live alongside the minister for children and families.
She pleaded with Zahawi to 'just make it stop' as he once again tried to justify the prime minister's position on the withdrawal agreement.
Zahawi tried to argue that there was support in the House of the Commons for her deal because parliament had supported a motion on extending Article 50.
'The motion that parliament passed that my colleageus voted for said that if the withdrawal agreement passes you will have a short extension or a longer one.'
You may also want to watch:
Creasy banged her head on the desk before explaining that she was 'embarrassed' by his position and the situation the House of Commons had been left in.
She said: 'I just want to apologise to the British people, listening to this, and the word play...
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 8 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 9 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
'I'm embarrassed that this is what our politics has come to - people just think we are all useless.
'It is a mess because there isn't a majority in parliament for any particular outcome.'
Zahawi responded: 'Stella you can do as much as you like but if you want to deny the people Brexit then good luck to you.'
One commentator on Twitter said: 'Nadhim Zahawi just can't seem to answer any question he's asked. He's on full Maybot mode. Stella Creasy banged her head on behalf of the nation.'