Brexit debate sends caller to sleep on radio
- Credit: Archant
While the Brexit debate gets many fired up, there are signs that some people have grown tired of it all.
When Joey from Bournemouth called up Stephen Nolan's BBC Radio 5 Live show he was hoping to have his say on the biggest political issue of recent times.
But sometimes actions speak louder than words, and when Joey was left waiting on the phone for more than half an hour, he appeared to fall asleep.
As radio host Nolan faded up the caller he could be heard snoring down the line, to his co-presenter's amusement.
They both persevered with asking the caller for his views - knowing full well he would not respond.
You may also want to watch:
'So Joey what do you think of Brexit?' he inquired, as the caller's snores continued to reverberate down the phone, before asking a final question on the meaningful vote.
Nolan went on to say he thought it had been 'the best Nolan 5 Live show in years'.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 3 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 4 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 5 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 6 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 7 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 8 Dominic Raab 'not convinced' collapse of fishing businesses would be result of Brexit deal
- 9 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
- 10 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them