Bannon: Boris is my choice to be next prime minister
- Credit: Getty Images
Former White House chief strategist and alt-right figure Steve Bannon has claimed that Nigel Farage has more influence than Theresa May with President Trump and that he considers Boris Johnson a 'role model'.
Bannon, who was once a key player in Donald Trump's cabinet, said that Theresa May is "not terribly sophisticated" and had ignored the president's advice on Brexit.
"She came over - Trump sat there and said 'Listen - number one - overshoot the target on your deal because it will come apart.
"'Number two get on with it - you ought to be on terms agreed within six months, and number three use every arrow in your quiver even if you have to do litigation later'.
"She laughed it off - to be brutally frank about it she's not terribly sophisticated. I don't think she understood the complexities she was going into."
You may also want to watch:
Bannon instead insisted that Nigel Farage had more influence regarding Brexit than the British prime minister.
He also believes that Boris Johnson "would make a good prime minister."
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 What Auf Wiedersehen, Pet teaches us about Britain and Europe
- 5 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 6 The rocky road to Rejoin
- 7 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 8 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 9 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 10 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
"I think Boris Johnson is a guy with big ideas. I think he's the new recreated Boris Johnson who's lost 30 pounds - he's got a new haircut, he's a role model - the way he's lost so much weight... very inspiring."