‘Mine’s bigger than yours’ - Steve Bray hits back at Piers Morgan after TV exchange
- Credit: Archant
Piers Morgan was evidently left unhappy with the big turnout for the People's Vote march at the weekend as he took his frustration out on the stop Brexit guy on live breakfast television.
Morgan, who was presenting Good Morning Britain at the time, picked up a megaphone to respond to anti-Brexit campaigner Steve Bray's calls and proceeded to shout back at him during the live feed.
Bray has been stood behind the programme's political correspondent Ranvir Singh for months, as with other live television interviews, calling for Brexit to be stopped.
Morgan proceeded to try to steal the limelight back.
'Alright Steve. Shut up about Brexit. Shut up about it. Nobody wants to hear from you. Be quiet about Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
'You're not going to stop it. It's the will of the people. Shut up. That's it. Alright Steve? See, you you don't like it when we're do it. Ruining your morning.'
Bray (perhaps, fortunately) could not hear the presenter launch into another tirade about Brexit but could see that the camera was pointing directly at the campaigner.
- 1 Michael Gove asked FIVE TIMES to explain what a 'substantial meal' is
- 2 BBC presenter attracts complaints after calling Brexiteers 'headbangers, zealots and quislings'
- 3 Michael Gove accused of going 'full Trump' after attacking Good Morning Britain's ratings
- 4 British expats seethe at post-Brexit travel restrictions
- 5 Keir Starmer mocks Tory heckler who said he was speaking in 'hindsight' with prediction
- 6 Brexiteer claims it will be '25 years' before UK gets sovereignty back
- 7 Netherlands causes hilarity with use of Brexit 'monster' to issue warning to citizens
- 8 Brexiteer mocked after dreaming up term to describe Britain's Covid vaccination programme
- 9 Scotland should 'aim to rejoin EU in full' after Brexit, SNP told
- 10 Michael Gove tells Piers Morgan boycotting GMB had been 'good advice'
'Yes, you!' shouted Morgan. 'Ruining every single one of our news broadcasts.
'Mine's bigger than yours. I have a bigger megaphone than yours Steve. Right now you are being out-megaphoned,' the presenter said to laughter from co-presenters Charlotte Hawkins and Susanna Reid.
Reid was quick to point out that he is wrong and that Bray's megaphone is actually biggest, something Bray pointed out when he replied to the presenter on Twitter.
Morgan could not help but smile when the oblivious campaigner shouted back: 'Revoke Article 50!'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.