‘Stong’ and stable - Michael Gove makes embarrassing spelling mistake in leaflet
- Credit: Archant
Michael Gove has made an embarrassing spelling mistake in an official leaflet he made for his campaign to be re-elected in Surrey Heath.
The senior cabinet minister has been mocked online after misspelling 'strong' as 'stong'.
A picture of the leaflet was posted to Twitter by one of Gove's constituents Donna Wishart who said: "If the Conservatives can't even spell 'strong' what hope have we actually got?"
One person replying to the tweet said: "Stay Stong people only one more day [of the election]."
Wishart said: "It's amazing the amount of people blaming the printers. Printers don't proofread. Printers print. They print whatever they're given - it's why you have to check your copy yourself before submitting it to the printers."
You may also want to watch:
Stong is a historical word for an area of land equivalent to a quarter of an acre, but apparently has a more indecent definition on Urban Dictionary.
"I've also lost count of the number of times I've had the urban dictionary quoted to me. I never thought I would hear the words 'Michael Gove' and 'Penis' in the same sentence. This week it happened. A lot," Wishart added.
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 5 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 6 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 9 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 10 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
READ MORE: 'I didn't expect so many of you!' - Boris Johnson caught staging door-knock with voterREAD MORE: Boris Johnson ducks out of another BBC interview that every other leader didIt comes days after the prime minister's father made headlines after claiming the British public are illiterate and could not spell 'Pinocchio' if they tried.