Tactical voting guide receives more than 3.5 million hits on election day
- Credit: Archant
Best for Britain's tactical voting guide has received more than 3.5 million hits on election day - with a number of hours left to go before the polls close.
The anti-Brexit organisation - behind the getvoting.org website - has previously claimed just 20,000 tactical votes in key marginal seats in the UK could transform the election result.
Along with Remain United and the People's Vote campaign they are in agreement which seats could swing the election and prevent Boris Johnson winning a majority.
Their tactical voting guide website has seen a massive boost in website traffic on election day, with more than 45,000 logging in over one minute in the evening, and more than 3.5 million hits overall.
4,440 have visited in Kensington alone, 2,700 in Cities of London & Westminster and 2,400 in Wimbledon.
Naomi Smith from Best for Britain previously said: "This election is on a knife-edge, and if enough Remainers hold their nose and vote for the candidate with the best chance of stopping the Tories in their seat we're heading for a hung parliament and a final say referendum."
You may also want to watch:
In recent days tactical voting has concerned the Tories as the polls suggested the party were going backwards in the polls.
One minister said he wanted the party to "look again" at the rules, complaining some of the campaigns surrounding tactical voting had been "sinister".
- To find out more about tactical voting visit getvoting.org
- 1 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
- 2 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 3 What IS the liberal response to the migrant crisis?
- 4 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 5 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 6 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 7 The Tories have already lost the culture wars
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 It's now clear what sovereignty means
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.