Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the East Midlands region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire and most of Lincolnshire.
There are five seats in the East Midlands.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems look the securest in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting for the Lib Dems as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain also suggests the Lib Dems are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 2 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
- 3 Leaked government dossier warns of army street patrols if second Covid-19 wave and no-deal Brexit hit UK at same time
- 4 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 5 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 6 Nicola Sturgeon, Jacinda Adern and Angela Merkel in top 5 of world’s most eloquent leaders
- 7 Michael Gove challenged over remarks UK 'holds all the cards' in Brexit talks
- 8 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 9 Minister finally concedes 'Australia-style deal' is a no-deal Brexit
- 10 Boris Johnson told to apologise for incompetence in delivering his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.