Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the Eastern region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
There are seven seats in the Eastern region.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in this region, but the Greens are fighting for last seat against the Brexit Party. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Former Tory speaker admits voting Labour after labeling Boris Johnson a 'liar'
- 2 Liz Truss accused of freeports 'catastrophic blunder' following Brexit deals
- 3 Britons living in Spain refused Covid jab 'due to Brexit', report claims
- 4 The truth about 'buy British'
- 5 Downing Street announces plans to change English voting system following string of Labour victories
- 6 MP insists he will 'earn every penny' after becoming council leader too
- 7 Tories could push for 2023 general election after axing key legislation
- 8 How Brexit dealt a hammer blow to diplomatic relations
- 9 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 10 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.