Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the Eastern region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
There are seven seats in the Eastern region.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in this region, but the Greens are fighting for last seat against the Brexit Party. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 4 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 5 What Auf Wiedersehen, Pet teaches us about Britain and Europe
- 6 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 The rocky road to Rejoin
- 9 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 10 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records