Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the Eastern region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
There are seven seats in the Eastern region.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in this region, but the Greens are fighting for last seat against the Brexit Party. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 5 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 6 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 7 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 WILL SELF: Two places where everyone knows your name
- 10 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.