Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the Yorkshire and the Humber region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Yorkshire and parts of Lincolnshire.
There are six seats in the Yorkshire and the Humber region.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems can win a seat in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to help stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Lib Dem or the Greens as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Greens are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 2 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 3 How long can Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play on?
- 4 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 5 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 6 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 7 Could southern discomfort sink a rebalancing agenda still in its infancy?
- 8 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 9 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 10 Could Boris Johnson still use the NHS as leverage in a US trade deal?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.