Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the North West region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
There are eight seats in the North West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in the region and Labour already holds seats in the region. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 PMQs: Commons speaker reprimands Boris Johnson over Greensill response
- 2 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
- 3 Tory anger as Labour to hold vote on establishing committee to investigate cronyism
- 4 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 5 Tory government 'doesn't think it has to be abide by rules', says former civil servant
- 6 Tory MPs vote down proposal for parliamentary inquiry into Greensill scandal
- 7 David Cameron 'only sorry he got caught', MPs told
- 8 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 9 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 10 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.