Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the North West region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
There are eight seats in the North West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in the region and Labour already holds seats in the region. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 4 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 5 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 8 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 9 Dominic Raab 'not convinced' collapse of fishing businesses would be result of Brexit deal
- 10 Michael Gove among 14 Tory MPs revealed to have joined banned Parler app