Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the North West region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
There are eight seats in the North West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats look the securest in the region and Labour already holds seats in the region. It therefore recommends voting Green to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats as the strongest Remain party in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 3 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 4 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
- 5 Ed Miliband mocks Kwasi Kwarteng's 'road to Damascus conversion'
- 6 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 7 NHS boss admits UK faces Covid vaccine shortage
- 8 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 9 Tories abstain on motion to protect post-Brexit workers' rights
- 10 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.