Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the South East region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, and Surrey.
There are 10 seats in the South East.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Liberal Democrats and Greens look the securest in the region. It therefore recommends voting Change UK to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Liberal Democrats or Greens as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Poll: Laurence Fox in joint last place with Count Binface in race for London mayor
- 2 British fisherman expresses regret over Brexit vote on Danish TV
- 3 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 4 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 5 Government scraps Pick for Britain programme after Brits fill as few as 5% of roles
- 6 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 7 Ex-minister says Boris Johnson's government is a 'cesspit' where 'almost nobody' tells the truth
- 8 James Dyson moves main address back to the UK
- 9 Boris Johnson still has questions to answer about Caribbean holiday
- 10 Priti Patel plan to deport EU rough sleepers from UK branded ‘inhumane’ by charity
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.