Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the South West region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Bristol, Dorset, Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire and beyond.
There are six seats in the South West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems look the securest in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting the Lib Dems or Greens as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Lib Dems are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 2 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 3 ‘I should not have listened to Cameron’ – Former European Commission president
- 4 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 5 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 6 The biggest scandal may be that no rules were broken
- 7 Scottish Tory leader accused of 'nonsense' excuse for Boris Johnson avoiding Scotland
- 8 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 9 Welsh government refused permission for legal challenge over post-Brexit bill
- 10 The deep-seated issues beneath Sofagate
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.