Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the South West region?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Bristol, Dorset, Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire and beyond.
There are six seats in the South West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems look the securest in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting the Lib Dems or Greens as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Lib Dems are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 3 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 4 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 5 Ed Vaizey overtakes Paul Dacre in the Ofcom race
- 6 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 7 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 8 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 9 My favourite new Freedom is avoiding selfish anti-maskers
- 10 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.