Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in Wales?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Wales.
There are four seats in the South West.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, Plaid Cyrmu look secure in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Lib Dems to stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Plaid Cymru as the strongest Remain party.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests Plaid Cymru are the strongest party for stopping Brexit. It adds that non-nationalists should back the Lib Dems.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 5 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 6 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 7 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 8 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 9 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 10 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.