Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the West Midlands?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire and beyond.
There are seven seats in the West Midlands.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems can win a seat in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to help stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Lib Dems or Green as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Greens are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 What Auf Wiedersehen, Pet teaches us about Britain and Europe
- 5 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 6 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 7 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
- 8 An actor whose politics were a touchy subject
- 9 The rocky road to Rejoin
- 10 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump