Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the West Midlands?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire and beyond.
There are seven seats in the West Midlands.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems can win a seat in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to help stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Lib Dems or Green as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Greens are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 3 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 4 Liz Truss to deliver speech rejecting 'Britain First' strategy ahead of US election
- 5 More approve of EU leadership than Boris Johnson's premiership, poll finds
- 6 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 7 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 8 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 9 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 10 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.