Tactical Voting: How should I vote in the European elections in the West Midlands?
- Credit: PA
With the European elections taking place on Thursday we have taken a look at the tactical voting guides to recommend the best way to vote in Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire and beyond.
There are seven seats in the West Midlands.
According to the tactical voting guide, Remain Voter, the Lib Dems can win a seat in the region. It therefore recommends voting for the Greens to help stop Nigel Farage.
Remain United, on the other hand, suggests voting Lib Dems or Green as the strongest Remain parties in the region.
Polling by Best for Britain suggests the Greens are the strongest party for stopping Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
The New European does not back one party in the fight against Brexit - it instead encourages you to vote for any of the main anti-Brexit parties - including the Lib Dems, the Greens, Change UK, or the SNP and Plaid Cymru in Scotland and Wales.
James Ball explains here why we are not advocating the Labour Party at the European elections.
- 1 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 3 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 4 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
- 5 Ed Miliband mocks Kwasi Kwarteng's 'road to Damascus conversion'
- 6 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 7 NHS boss admits UK faces Covid vaccine shortage
- 8 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 9 Tories abstain on motion to protect post-Brexit workers' rights
- 10 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.