‘Ghost’ of Margaret Thatcher to speak on no-deal Brexit in upcoming event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fans of exploitative cults, hard-right politicians and pseudoscience have a great week coming up - but also there's an event with Margaret Thatcher's 'ghost'.
In moves destined to be taken at face value by the Daily Express, an organisation called Happy Science says it will reveal "Margaret Thatcher's message from the spirit world" at a venue in London.
"Was she an angel or a devil?" asks the event flyer. "What does she think about the current Brexit issue?"
The flyer promises to answer these questions and more by screening a film of a séance held in Japan in 2013, the day after Mrs T's death.
An edited version of the footage is already available on YouTube and appears to have been conducted by a group of Japanese businessmen. It provides tantalising clues to the spectral ex-prime minister's current mindset.
You may also want to watch:
Happy Science describes itself as a religious organisation but has been widely criticised as a cult.
Thatcher - as channelled through self-described "living Buddha" Master Ryuho Okawa - is initially unaware she is dead, and starts calling for Denis.
- 1 EU drops vote to ratify Brexit deal after Boris Johnson 'violates' agreement
- 2 Government plans £30bn cut in NHS day-to-day spending from April
- 3 Sunlit Uplands: As shellfish war rages, the net closes around George Eustice
- 4 Commons speaker lashes out at Rishi Sunak for 'dashing off' to Budget press conference
- 5 My very undiplomatic comments about Boris Johnson
- 6 Boris Johnson: Liar of the land
- 7 Former Home Office boss settles tribunal claim against Priti Patel with 'substantial' payout
- 8 Police to investigate 'sinister graffiti' in Belfast mentioning Michael Gove
- 9 Tory MP suggests most Britons are 'economically illiterate' for supporting chancellor
- 10 Welsh first minister says UK 'is over' in blistering attacks on No 10's handling of devolution
But she quickly calms down and starts spilling the beans on politics, leadership, and Europe.
"I couldn't understand the EU system and I've heard that the EU is falling apart now," says 'Thatcher'. "I made a prediction about the future of the EU."
'She' added that both Germany and France are the problem.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.