‘Ghost’ of Margaret Thatcher to speak on no-deal Brexit in upcoming event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fans of exploitative cults, hard-right politicians and pseudoscience have a great week coming up - but also there's an event with Margaret Thatcher's 'ghost'.
In moves destined to be taken at face value by the Daily Express, an organisation called Happy Science says it will reveal "Margaret Thatcher's message from the spirit world" at a venue in London.
"Was she an angel or a devil?" asks the event flyer. "What does she think about the current Brexit issue?"
The flyer promises to answer these questions and more by screening a film of a séance held in Japan in 2013, the day after Mrs T's death.
An edited version of the footage is already available on YouTube and appears to have been conducted by a group of Japanese businessmen. It provides tantalising clues to the spectral ex-prime minister's current mindset.
You may also want to watch:
Happy Science describes itself as a religious organisation but has been widely criticised as a cult.
Thatcher - as channelled through self-described "living Buddha" Master Ryuho Okawa - is initially unaware she is dead, and starts calling for Denis.
- 1 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 5 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 8 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 9 Senior Tories plan rebellion to back genocide clause to the Trade Bill
- 10 Brexiteer MP criticised after suggesting No 10 should break Northern Ireland Protocol
But she quickly calms down and starts spilling the beans on politics, leadership, and Europe.
"I couldn't understand the EU system and I've heard that the EU is falling apart now," says 'Thatcher'. "I made a prediction about the future of the EU."
'She' added that both Germany and France are the problem.