The fight for associate EU citizenship must not stop
- Credit: PA
Despite the coronavirus outbreak the government is continuing with Brexit talks. Consequently a campaign for assoicate EU citizenship must continue.
The campaign to allow British citizens to apply for associate EU membership must go on. When all this is over the economic consequences will be devastating and the USA will be in no position to offer a new 'Marshall plan' to any other nation .
A concerted effort by a united Europe will get all European nations through the forthcoming depression and provide a model for recovery for the remainder of the world.
You may also want to watch:
The B-word has been largely placed on the back-burner for the moment, and rightly so. A little item that may cheer some fellow Remainers/Rejoiners up is the fact that a version of Ode to Joy can be loaded as a ringtone from the Zedge app.
Every time my mobile rings now it makes me feel proud to still call myself European and I have to admit that on more than one occasion (well, almost every time!) I have let the mobile ring for the pleasure of hearing it.
- 1 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 2 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 8 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 9 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
- 10 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
David Perrin, Bridgend
The Treasury has confirmed that it will not be getting an extra £350m a week after Britain stops paying into the EU budget, despite false claims by Brexiteers during the referendum. Well, what a surprise!
How many undecided voters in 2016 were persuaded by this lie to vote Leave? My wife works in a local hospital where they don't even have access to hand sanitiser. She is trying to find a supplier who has not sold all stock to buy it herself to give her at least a low level of protection.
That £350 million would have bought a lot of pots of hand sanitizer. Oh, I nearly forgot, the NHS won't be getting it!
• Have your say by writing a letter for publication. Send your thoughts to email@example.com.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.