The New European says: Thank you, our readers, for all your support so far!
- Credit: Archant
No other media embodies a sense of community like a newspaper does.
Why a newspaper?
This is the most oft-asked question about the launch of The New European – the paper for the 48%, designed to last just four weeks but now into its 33rd edition.
The answer is simple.
You may also want to watch:
No other media embodies a sense of community like a newspaper does. It is a unique, and powerful, characteristic of print. The £2 you paid for this newspaper is not a cover price; it's a membership fee for a club of like-minded people across the UK and – increasingly – across mainland Europe. You just happen to get a free paper with that membership.
We like to think The New European is a very good newspaper. This is an opinion shared by the UK's leading experts in national media. We are bursting with pride that The New European has been recognised by both the UK's leading newspaper award ceremonies.
In the British Media Awards, this newspaper is nominated for three categories (the most nominations for any single publication in the awards). They are: Launch of the Year, Print Product of the Year and Content Team of the Year.
In the Society of Editors Press Awards, The New European is nominated for the prestigious Cudlipp Award, celebrating the best in popular journalism in the UK. Win or lose (and if we win you can be sure you will hear about it) this recognition belongs to all of us, editors, contributors, designers .. and you, the reader.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 3 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 6 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 7 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 8 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 9 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 10 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
Without your support, encouragement, and your weekly investment into our endeavours, we would not exist. We hope you are as proud of The New European's success as we are.
If you are not a subscriber, we have a special offer – representing remarkable value – to encourage you to join us on a regular basis. We hope you agree, unlike exiting the European Union, this is a price well worth paying.
Matt Kelly, editor.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.