Prime Minister asked to rate her Brexit progress out of 10
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The PM was today asked at Prime Minister's Questions to give a ranking for her performance over Brexit so far out of 10.
In doing so Pete Wishart, the SNP MP for Perth and North Perthshire, earned a rebuke from Commons Speaker John Bercow after attempting to put Theresa May on the spot.
He asked: 'On a scale between one to ten, how does the Prime Minister think her Brexit is going, with ten being all going perfectly, we know what we want to achieve and we know how to get it, and one being chaotic cluelessness. I know what I'd give the Prime Minister, what will she give herself?'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bercow intervened stating: 'Let me just say to him, who I have known for a long time, I think when he comes to reflect on his conduct he'll know he can do better than that.'
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 9 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 10 Matt Hancock's NHS message backfires after appearing in hospital without a face mask
Mrs May responded: 'Can I say to him that I think anybody who saw the success we had in negotiating phase one of Brexit and getting that sufficient progress will say that actually this is a Government that knows what it's doing and is getting on with the job and is doing well.'
After PMQs, Mr Wishart tweeted a clip of his question with the caption: 'My question at PMQs. What you can't see is me holding up a sign saying 'nul points'. Which is exactly what she should get.'
How would you rank the PM's progress on Brexit so far? Vote in our poll.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.