Theresa May most unpopular cabinet minister ever (and that includes Chris Grayling)
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Theresa May has broken records in a survey of Tory voters by hitting minus 73.5 in satisfaction ratings as a cabinet minister, also known as 'less popular than Chris Grayling'.
A Conservative Home survey of 1,119 party members is conducted monthly to find out how the Tory base rates cabinet ministers and some other prominent MPs.
Today, the survey shows the prime minister hitting rock bottom with voters, dropping 22.3 points in the voters' estimation since the end of March.
'I've searched our archives and so far as I can see this is the worst rating awarded to any Conservative ever in this question,' mused reporter Mark Wallace.
It's a record even lower than Chris Grayling, who must be enjoying the novelty of the 2.4 point breathing space between him and the bottom-lister.
You may also want to watch:
Conservative Home blames this squarely on May's handling of Brexit, and particularly its postponement.
At the other end of the scale, quietly moderate former remainers Liz Truss and Ruth Davidson are enjoying the balmy waters of Tory popularity, as are ardent Brexiteers Michael Gove and Andrea Leadsom.
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 10 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic