From the Imperial March to Thomas the Tank – the best remixes of May’s dance
- Credit: PA
Some viewed Theresa May's Dancing Queen routine as a cynical attempt to distract the nation from a speech devoid of detail.
Certainly if you take a scroll through Facebook and Twitter you won't escape seeing a version of that video at least once.
But now the sense of disbelief has died down, what is now gaining more traction online is the attempts at remixing the music along with the editing of the original video.
Here are a few of our favourites.
• Hear more reaction to Theresa May's speech and Conservative party conference on this week's podcast from The New European - out Friday.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 4 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 5 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 6 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn loses bid to release Labour documents ahead of High Court battle
- 8 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 9 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
- 10 Nicola Sturgeon tells Boris Johnson to 'work from home' instead as he plans trip to Scotland
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.