From the Imperial March to Thomas the Tank – the best remixes of May’s dance
- Credit: PA
Some viewed Theresa May's Dancing Queen routine as a cynical attempt to distract the nation from a speech devoid of detail.
Certainly if you take a scroll through Facebook and Twitter you won't escape seeing a version of that video at least once.
But now the sense of disbelief has died down, what is now gaining more traction online is the attempts at remixing the music along with the editing of the original video.
Here are a few of our favourites.
• Hear more reaction to Theresa May's speech and Conservative party conference on this week's podcast from The New European - out Friday.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 3 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 4 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 5 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 6 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 7 MANDRAKE: Chilling news for Telegraph bosses
- 8 Poll puts Labour on highest level of support since 2014
- 9 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
- 10 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.